Mobile Shelving is standard shelving mounted on a mobile base, creating excellent storage efficiency. Each of the units are mounted on a level trackway so that heavier units can be moved away easier.
Mobile shelving systems allow the user to open the mobile units to retrieve and file items, which eliminates the need for an aisle between shelving units by removing all the aisles except the one in use, utilising more floor space for storage. Our range will provide an effective solution for your requirements. Our storage experts will work with you to decide which is the best mobile shelving solution for your needs.
A Guide to Mobile Shelving Features
- Suitable for both low-rise shelving and multi-tier large scale heavy duty shelving
- Extremely efficient storage system
- Mobile shelving bases can be used to support Longspan, Small Parts and Document Shelving
We can provide shelving that is electronically or manually operated depending on your needs and budget.
There are three types of mobile shelving: Hand pulled manual; Mechanically assisted manual and powered mobile.
Hand Pulled Manual Mobile Shelving
These units are ideal for slow moving, light weight small parts storage or archiving. As light weight installations they are produced in short runs of three bays maximum. This is probably the most economical form of mobile installation you will achieve.
Mechanically Assisted Manual
The main differences between this form of shelving and the hand pulled version is its ability to hold greater weight and have a much increased length of run. This makes it ideal for the larger installation with varied and heavier product weights. The mobile aisles are moved using a hand wheel.
Powered mobile shelving adds an even greater level of convenience for the user. It is also ideal when expensive or fragile items are stored as the system can be closed and locked.
Mobile shelving can reduce the amount of floor space used by up to 50% compared to traditional filing cabinets. By using these units businesses can effectively store files, folders and documents with ease. Easily modified and versatile we can offer a choice of different rail types and bespoke chassis sizes. Dependent upon our customers’ needs the shelving can be designed to handle heavier loads. It can also be tailored to floor conditions allowing it to be installed in all environment types including stockrooms, laboratories, basements, archives and coldstores.
Other Types of Shelving
- Document Shelving – is used for the storage of loose documents and files. It is a lightweight storage system made from uprights with shelves sat on metal clips. It can easily be designed and spec’d to your individual needs and we can advise you upon the best system design taking into consideration height, number of levels needed and capacity. All shelving is easily adaptable and scalable to meet your needs. Shelves are supported by a series of clips that give firm support for loads up to 200kg. The clips can also be easily moved to meet requirements.
- Longspan Shelving – is an extremely popular shelving system due to its versatility and heavy duty capability. It can be created as standalone shelf units or as a fully automated order picking installation. Longspan is easy to install and adjust and offer limitless scope for development of customised storage solutions. The system itself is formed from vertical frames and horizontal beams decked with either timber, chipboard or steel panels.
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Shelving – is available in a range of heights, widths, depths and duties. Heavy Duty Adjustable Shelving is a versatile structure suitable for heavy loads. The system can be designed as a standalone unit or at the other end of the spectrum, a large multi-tier storage bay. It is used extensively in a wide range of environments from factories to schools and offices to hospitals and can be easily converted into a mobile system.
- Adjustable Small Parts Shelving – this is a versatile hand loaded system formed from frames open or clad and shelves located using clips. It comes in a range of heights, widths, depths and duties and also has a large range of accessories. The systems can be specifically designed to meet your needs and is used in factories as well as offices due to its versatility and quality design.